Holiday shopping guide
The decisions you make with your hard-earned money this year will have more impact than ever before. So put your money where your mouth is.
Here are a few ideas to consider:
1. Buy handmade items from people you like.
2. Don’t buy gift cards. It’s lazy and sort of dumb.
3. Don’t buy from big brands or big stores that don’t care about you, or that act in ways you don’t applaud. There are very smart alternatives in almost every category.
4. When in doubt, buy digital items. Even better, give a donation and make many people happy.
5. Realize that when you’re going to buy from Amazon, buying from a lens with a red ribbon on top will earn significant money for charity with no effort on your part.
Hugs are an underrated substitute.