Milton Glaser is a world-famous designer. Here is a list (some are lies he and his clients participate in) (from an old speech):
- Designing a package to look bigger on the shelf.
- Doing an ad for a slow, boring film to make it seem like a light-hearted comedy.
- Designing a crest for a new vineyard to suggest that it has been in business for a long time.
- Designing a jacket for a book whose sexual content that you find personally repellent.
- Designing a medal using steel from the World Trade Center to be sold as a profit-making souvenir of September 11th.
- Designing an advertising campaign for a company with a history of known discrimination in minority hiring.
- Designing a package for children whose contents you know are low in nutrition value and high in sugar content.
- Designing a line of t-shirts for a manufacture that employs child labour.
- Designing a promotion for a diet product that you know doesn’t work.
- Designing an ad for a political candidate whose policies you believe would be harmful to the general public.
- Designing a brochure for an SUV that turned over frequently in emergency conditions known to have killed 150 people.
- Designing an ad for a product whose frequent use could result in the user’s death.