Tim Baxter points me to a riff from Howard Mann, which he got from Wunderman: Consumers Communications Bill Of Rights // Dig Tank. Unlike some of the other "Bill of Rights" type riffs I’ve seen, what’s neat about this one is that morality has nothing to do with it. Here are five rules that will make you more money and increase effectiveness… by treating people with respect:
1. Tell me clearly who you are, and why you are contacting me.
2. Tell me clearly what you are, or are not, going to do with the information I give you.
3. Don’t pretend that you know me personally. You don’t know me; you know some things about me.
4. Don’t assume that we have a relationship.
5. Don’t assume that I want to have a relationship with you.