Introducing white space links
The challenge of monetizing the web is a tricky one, but a new venture launched right here and right now is out to solve that problem.
YOU FOUND ONE. CALL US TO BUY THIS SPACE!
It's called whItespAcelInks.
VISIT OUR SNACKBAR.ORG PLEASE
There's all this unused white space on the web. Spaces in between paragraphs or links. Wasted.
ARE YOU THIRSTY? TIME FOR A SOFT DRINK.
Consumers are tired of being overwhelmed by ads and by pages that are stuffed to the gills with ads. What if the ads were invisible? What if we could insert links into the white spaces, links you didn't have to see but could still be clicked on? What if those ads were carefully targeted, location-based and mobile?
IT WORKS FOR LINKS, TOO: http://www.squidoo.com/seth
This is even better than permission marketing. It's invisible marketing.
PLEASE DON'T TELL ANYONE
In one fell swoop (does anything ever happen in two fell swoops?) we can double or triple the ad inventory of any website! And there's no need for complicated creative, because, after all, the links are invisible.
Some highlights from the funding plan:
- We will track every user, protecting privacy by never talking about the fact that we're doing it.
- We will create persistent browser tools that permit us to generate whItespAcelInks revenue even when you're not online.
- There will be no push back from regulators because the links are invisible.
- Will there be Android? Yes. There will.
- An iPad app? I can't believe you even need to ask. In fact, the iPad app will be so appy that people will pay for it by subscription.
HAVE A GOOD APRIL. DON'T TAKE ANYTHING AT FACE VALUE.
First round funding, announced today, is $11 million. We wanted to keep it modest and prove ourselves in the marketplace. The biggest challenge for us going forward is that the service only runs one day a year.